OUR NEXT SESSION IS IN...
With so many bogus sweat testing places around, listen to this episode of the Triathlon Nutrition Academy Podcast that explains what sweat testing is and who it would be useful for.
We know that Dehydration affects PERFORMANCE
As little as 2% of body weight can have debilitating effects
If you're looking to compete in a longer-distance event where optimal hydration is key to performance, understanding exactly HOW MUCH you sweat and WHAT your sweat is made up of is key!
19th FEBRUARY 2022
How it works
You'll need to run or ride at race pace (or close to) for at least 30-45 minutes
We'll weigh you in pre and post and apply sweat patches for collection of a sample to determine your sweat electrolyte concentration. These then get analysed to give you your sweat test results and we apply these to you and your key race to help you develop your custom hydration plan.
As we do this in person, sweat testing is only available in Brisbane.
What do you get?
- A 1-hour session with an Advanced Sports Dietitian. This is not a completely inaccurate DIY at home type kit. You get a real-life sports dietitian to run the test for you, ensuring the most accurate, best practice results.
- A detailed report outlining your results and explained in simple language you can understand (please allow 2 weeks for detailed reporting)
- Specific feedback on your sweat rate, fluid intake rate and sweat electrolyte concentration during the session
- Personalised recommendations to help guide a specific hydration strategy for your key event
- Use this information to practice, fine-tune and nail your training and racing hydration plan!
Your Sweat Tester
Hey! I'm Taryn :)
I'm an Advanced Sports Dietitian with more than 13 years of experience in endurance sports. For the last 6 years I've been a consultant to Triathlon Australia helping our elite Triathlon and Paratriathlon team perform at their best.
I have little patience for unqualified advice-givers or woohoo science and get frustrated watching people jump from one fad to the next, constantly chase shiny objects or fumble around following (well-meaning but the misaligned) advice from their training buddies/coach/uncle/Dr Google.
Consider me as your secret weapon when it comes to eating well to perform at your best!
WHAT SETS US APART
There are loads of bogus sweat tests kicking around...do it yourself at home type kits, sedentary patches that heat up while you're at rest, testing inside on a treadmill or trainer. Yes, these methods will all give you a number, but chances are it's not particularly accurate and you've just wasted your time and money.
The real work starts once we have accurately collected your data, as it's the application of your results that are key to testing being useful. That's the perk of having an Advanced Sports Dietitian run your testing for you, and provide a detailed report individualised to you and your event.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
This was an amazing experience for our son. Has taught us so much and helped us with his racing and training hydration routines