Triathlon Triumphs: The year that was 2023
Dec 07, 2023
Recapping key nutrition lessons learned and top performances from 2023, plus outlining my plans to help you smash your goals in the upcoming year!
Key Triathlon Moments of 2023
Some epic triathlon moments from the past year that stood out to me include:
- Lucy Charles-Barclay’s record-breaking Kona win. Her time of 8:24:31 sets a new course record for the women’s field.
- Kona age grouper Leanne W’s inspiring finish. Despite a tough lead-in, she persevered to cross the line in Kailua-Kona.
- Gwen Jorgensen’s impressive comeback. She’s racking up podiums in her bid to make the 2024 Olympic team. Definitely one to watch!
- Smashing PBs and podiums for my Academy athletes like Jody, Erin, Kathleen, Kelly, Lynn, Cheryl, Ciaran, and Krystal. Too many wins to name!
I encourage you to take a moment to reflect on your own personal triumphs and achievements over the past 12 months. Celebrate how far you’ve come!
Nutrition Wins for Me
It’s been a massive year for me in advancing sports nutrition education through initiatives like:
- Record enrolments for my January 2023 Triathlon Nutrition Academy open week
- Winning a coveted Lord Mayor’s Women in Business grant plus a spot in their mentoring program
- Professionally filming Triathlon Nutrition Kickstart 2.0
- Reaching 100 episodes of my Triathlon Nutrition Academy Podcast
- Welcoming my 100th Academy athlete to the program
Take stock of your own nutrition accomplishments and knowledge gained. You’ve put in the hard work.
What’s in Store for 2024
To kick off the new year, I’m hosting:
- Triathlon Nutrition Academy doors are OPEN from Jan 15-22. Last chance for exclusive early bird pricing but only if you’re on the waitlist!
- Fuel School, a FREE 3-day online nutrition masterclass from Jan 14-16. Open to all levels of triathletes!
Beyond January, my plans for 2024 include:
- Continuing to grow my Triathlon Nutrition Academy cohort
- Ongoing creation of evidence-based sports nutrition content
- Supporting my athletes taking on Sunshine Coast 70.3 this September
- Reaching my next big podcast milestone of 200 episodes
- Slowing down a tad to focus on delivering high-quality education and mentoring
Set your intentions for the year ahead
How will you take your nutrition game to the next level in 2024?
Key areas to work on could include:
- Signing up for nutrition coaching
- Optimising your day-to-day fuelling habits
- Dialing in your race fuelling strategies
- Building nutrition routines that work for your lifestyle
- Expanding your flexibility with food
- Developing a constructive mindset around nutrition
Imagine what you can achieve if nutrition ceases to be a struggle and instead propels your performance.
Let’s make 2024 your healthiest, fittest year yet.
If you are interested in learning more about the Triathlon Nutrition Academy Program and what it can do for you, head HERE to learn more.