Product Review: YoPRO Protein Bar
Jun 07, 2020
Today on Coffee & Questions I did a quick LIVE review of the new-ish YoPro Protein Bar
At 20g per bar, this is a great little protein hit which could be useful if:
- You can't get to a recovery meal within your window of opportunity post-training
- You need a high protein snack (although this is not so convenient if you're out as the product needs to be kept in the fridge)
- Your overall training demand is on the lower carbohydrate side so 20g of protein and 20g of carbohydrate is perfect for you post-workout
- You're looking to add collagen to your diet
- You have high energy needs so this immediately post-workout, followed up by a recovery meal 1-2 hours later fits within your overall requirements
A couple of downsides:
- It does need the fridge so is not as convenient as some of the 20g protein bars that are shelf stable if you're on the run
- At $4 per bar it's not the most cost effective snack going around!
- The best before date comes around really quickly
- At over 1000kJ per bar, there are much low energy (kJ/kcal) ways of getting 20g of protein in at half the amount of energy. e.g. 200g of plain high protein yoghurt provides 20g of protein for only ~500kJ
1 bar = 68g
For more great nutrition tips, subscribe to our Friday email.
We hate spam and promise not to spam you!